When it comes to home improvement projects, window replacement is one of the most common options homeowners consider. And for a good reason – windows are a vital part of your home’s facade and play an essential role in insulation, security, and energy efficiency. So, is window replacement worth the cost?
The fact of the matter is that there are several hidden costs involved with window replacement projects, but if you weigh these against the benefits of reduced energy consumption and better comfort throughout your home, almost everyone will agree that it is money well spent.
Why Should You Replace Your Windows?
Windows are a big part of your home, both aesthetically and practically. They can last for many years with proper care and maintenance and provide an excellent first impression to guests. Like with any other area or room in the home, however, windows will eventually need to be replaced as their structural integrity declines.
Check out these reasons why you need to schedule window replacement in Toronto:
· Energy Efficiency – New windows can easily cut down on your energy costs, which will also increase the resale value of your home. Most new windows come with a utility incentive to entice homeowners to purchase higher-quality products. For instance, double-paned windows can reduce your home’s energy usage by up to 50%! This will help you save money on your power bill, which can be very helpful, especially in this economy.
· Increased Curb Appeal – New windows can increase the curb appeal of any home and make it look more inviting. While other renovations may only add a couple of percentage points to the value of your home, window replacement can add 5-10% to its value! The value of your home and curb appeal go hand in hand, and homes with higher values usually have more attractive exteriors. Installing new windows is one of the cheapest and highest return investments you can make in terms of increased home value.
· Better Security – Having a new window can also provide a better sense of security. They will be made of stronger materials and more durable seals to prevent drafts from going through your home. In addition, replacement windows are often sold with locks, a bonus for those who want to keep their homes safe.
· Better Noise Reduction – Replacement windows are also great for decreasing the amount of outside noise that comes into your home, which provides a better degree of privacy and peace. This is because replacement window companies use different design choices to create more insulating properties against outside sounds, including double-pane insulated glass and triple-pane insulated glass.
Read more: Is Epoxy Good For Glass?
Choosing The Right Window Replacement Company in Toronto
A window replacement is a typical home improvement job that will provide an excellent return on investment. It can be as simple as replacing the air handling unit’s cover or as complex as adding new windows to the whole house. Before embarking on such a project, one should take some time and effort to choose the best company for this challenging task.
You will be surprised by the number of companies offering this service, but how to choose the right window replacement company?
· Pricing – Window replacement companies must provide you with an estimate that has the price broken down into labor and materials if you ask.
· Company’s Reputation – Customer reviews are one of the best ways to judge a contractor. People have different expectations and standards for quality workmanship. Check on their experiences and use them to narrow your choices.
· Selection – What are their available styles? With so many options, a contractor must offer the correct style for the homeowner’s needs.
· Warranties – Warranties are a good indicator of the quality of workmanship put into your windows. Most reputable companies offer warranties to show that they are confident with the services they provide to their clients.
· Customer Service – Choose a window replacement company that you can count on after the sale. Choose a company that’s prompt in answering calls and queries and doesn’t pressure you to make quick decisions.
Top-Notch Window Replacement Toronto, ON
There’s no doubt that window replacement in Toronto is worth the cost. However, it’s an overwhelming job that requires critical decisions. Luckily, if you need a window replacement company for reliable windows and doors in Ajax, Vaughan, Oakville, Brampton, Bradford, Eco Choice Windows & Doors is just around the corner.
We are a family-owned business with decades of experience installing windows to make your home more comfortable while increasing energy efficiency at an affordable price. If you live within our service area or would like pricing information on what we offer outside of this area, then call us today.
Our licensed window repair professionals are waiting by the phone 24/7, ready to answer questions you might not know how to ask about window replacement costs and installation services. Get started on upgrading your home today with professional window replacements from Eco Choice Windows & Doors!